Hostile Work Environment

Employees in New York  have the right to work in an environment that is free of discrimination, and is safe and secure. When an employer does not meet this expectation, the workplace may be deemed hostile and the employer may be held liable for the damage and stress that is done to the employee. A hostile work environment is defined as a workplace situation where an employee cannot reasonably perform his or her work due to hostile behaviors exhibited by co-workers and/or supervisors.

The New York employment attorneys of Risman & Risman, P.C. represent victims of both hostile work environment and harassment in New York. Our veteran attorneys are committed to helping clients protect their rights under New York City, New York state and Federal employment laws, and work hard to obtain the favorable resolutions that they deserve. Whether you are concerned about the future of your employment, lost wages, or your physical and/or emotional health, you have the right to work in an environment free of hostility and toxicity.

Types of Illegal Hostile Work Environment: 

For a workplace situation to be considered a hostile work environment in New York, certain conditions must apply. These conditions can include:

  • Actions from a supervisor that are designed to make you quit in retaliation for your your reporting of a whistleblower claim; and

In many circumstances, discrimination, whistleblowing, family and medical leave violations, harassment and hostile work environment are not the only violations of employment law occurring in the workplace. At Risman & Risman, P.C., we can help you identify all of the laws that are being broken and help devise a strategy for pursuing your just compensation and relief for those violations.

Contact a Seasoned and Qualified Hostile Work Environment Attorney

The hostile work environment attorneys of Risman & Risman, P.C. are eager to help and discuss your concerns with you. There is no charge for the consultation. Please feel free to call us at (212) 233-6400 or contact us online.